Aminu Bello Masari (born 29 May 1950) is a Nigerian politician and current Governor of Katsina State. He was the speaker of the Nigerian House of Representatives between 2003 and 2007. Masari hails from Katsina State.
Masari ran unsuccessfully for the office of Katsina State Governor in the 2011 election under the platform of defunct Congress for Progressive Change. In December 2014 he emerged as the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress for the March 2015 elections.
He was declared winner of the 11 April 2015 Katsina State Governorship election, defeating his arch-rival Musa Nashuni; anointed candidate of incumbent Shema.
Aminu Bello Masari was sworn in as the Executive Governor of Kastina State on 29 May 2015. Governor. Masari is from the same State as the newly sworn in President of Nigeria Muhammadu Buhari.
- Signing or vetoing bills passed by the Legislature.
- Serving as commander-in-chief of the state’s military forces.
- Convening special sessions of the Legislature for specific purposes.
- Delivering a report on the condition of the state to the Legislature at the beginning of each regular session and a report on the condition of the budget on the first Tuesday of each December.
- Recommending the General Bill to appropriate each year’s funding, which the Legislature then amends.
- Granting reprieves and commutations of punishment and pardons upon the recommendation of the Board of Pardons and Paroles and revoking conditional pardons.
- Declaring special elections to fill vacancies in certain elected offices.